Careers at Optulink offer exciting, challenging work at the pace of a start-up. We are an energetic, flexible and open-minded team ready to work hard for our clients.
Your work helps Optulink change the world by making the mobile user experience better with mobile voice and mobile network optimization.
If you’re interested in a job with Optulink, please get in touch. We currently have two new openings for a Lead Software Engineer and a Senior RF Systems Engineer. Please send us your resumé today!
Lead Software Engineer
- Develops High Level and Low Level Software design requirements including software implementation, performs end to end analysis for Mobile Network optimization solution/features based on product definitions and market requirements defined by the product management team. Leads Software product realization and development life cycle.
- Develops the software development environment. Studies software design mechanisms, development approach, determines development tools and program quality metrics.
- Supports development team; reports to management team; acquires skills as needed to fill gaps to accomplish engineering and organization mission.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with team, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines software feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and develops product realization schedules.
- Documents and develops development program by developing HL/LL documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code reviews and architecture.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves engineering operations by conducting systems analysis. Identifies gaps and provides recommendations/support as needed.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and solution issues.
- Must be capable of designing C/C++ code as well as leading a small team of software engineers by providing advice, coaching, organizing tasks and project management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of leading software engineers, 5+ years of recent C/C++ Software Development, Software Documentation, Software Testing, General Programming Skills, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process Methodology, Software Requirements, Software Architecture.
- Personal skills: Teamwork, Coaching, Flexibility, Operating in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Redhat Linux Administration, C++, general OS architecture and design, BASH, SQL, Python, .NET.
- Degree (Engineering, Computer Science or related)
Senior RF Systems Engineer
Key Job Functions
- Perform requirement analysis and definition, performance analysis and system design for Self Organizing Networks (SON) features based on market requirements defined by product management team
- Perform system analysis and design of next generation multi-technology SON use cases
- Document requirements and system requirements, with attention to detail
- Perform detailed technical analysis and feasibility for new use cases to be implemented on the OptuSonic platform, at system and subsystems levels
- Analyze big data from field deployments and recommend further improvements of existing features
- Support product management with production of technical marketing collateral
- Ensure that overall architecture provides appropriate performance and scalability supporting existing and future features
- Work with Engineering team contributing to software development
- Define and implement simulations for new features, including prototypes and demos
- Support technical workshops and customer field trials and pilots
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in an RF system engineering/architecture role
- Knowledge of GSM, WCDMA, LTE and LTE-A 3GPPP standards
- Experience of network optimization procedures for one or more RAN vendors, including Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei
- OA&M experience with working knowledge of PM and CM systems
- Analytical skills for KPI analysis, troubleshooting and performance improvements
- Experience with coverage and capacity optimizations and fine-tuning of RAN parameters
- Experience with RF planning and dimensioning for Data and Voice, including VoLTE
- Excellent written and communication skills, ability to communicate complex idea concisely
- Masters Degree (Engineering, Computer Science or related)
- Ph.D. degree (preferred)
- Granted patents and publications in the area of RF are a plus.
Optulink, Inc. is a leading global provider of software based network optimization solutions that help mobile operators realize more effective network capacity and RF performance. Optulink’s non-intrusive software deploys unique RF shaping and feedback control mechanisms that continuously optimize RF configurations which increase cell site and operational efficiency, lowers cell site congestion and reduces 3G/4G/HetNet infrastructure capacity upgrade costs for all major RAN infrastructure equipment vendors’ technology.