Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is the hottest challenge facing many CTOs. As 4G networks evolve, the industry evolution to VoLTE is well under way. However, many MNOs are still burdened with their older 2G and 3G cost inefficient networks and ineffective use of one of their most costly assets – spectrum. One of the key reasons the transition is taking so long is that Voice over LTE (VoLTE) has not yet been deployed in many MNO’s networks making it difficult to shut down 2G and 3G networks.
New VoLTE-enabled devices such as the iPhone 6 equip consumers to benefit from better sound quality. In fact, VoLTE promises a host of benefits for operators and consumers as it:
- Allows faster call set-ups
- Frees up radio spectrum for data
- Delivers competitive advantages over OTT voice services such as Skype
- Enables tighter integration of voice with other operator services
- Eases simultaneous delivery of voice and data to a device
- Catalyzes new services such as high-definition voice and integrated videoconferencing.
- Dropped calls may actually increase, frustrating users.
- Various VoLTE implementations don’t interwork, so call quality is uneven.
- Both callers must be on the same operator’s VoLTE network to hear the difference in quality.
Real-time VoLTE voice optimization means as much as 22% fewer blocked calls and dropped calls. At the same time, real-time mobile voice optimization frees up your engineering resources by automating network optimization tasks.
What’s more, Optulink’s solution improves hand over success rates up to 26% and works much faster than conventional methods. Improvements to service levels can occur automatically, in just a few seconds or manually through implementing RF Parameter recommendations.
- A single platform improves voice quality across your entire LTE network VoLTE voice services, delivering a more consistent user experience.
- Optulink VoLTE voice optimization makes a difference that users notice.
- Voice optimization eliminates the risk of customer churn during the potentially bumpy transition to VoLTE and helps current users obtain a consistent quality of service.
Bruce Peterson, CEO and Founder, explains the benefits of real-time network optimization.
Learn more about Optulink solutions.